Monday, August 13, 2012

Outreach Ft.Worth

on Saturday we went to Unity park in downtown Fort Worth.the park is right off of east Lancaster. where a lot of the cities homeless people live,every 2nd saturday of the month is when we go out there to help,it is the one Saturday when they have the least amount of help.different churches and groups come out. This saturday we brought drinks as usual and home made cookies,sometimes we bring or cook food there.like hamburger and hot dogs.
when we arrived I had a huge headache and after helping set up some tables the headache went away but just as TJ and the guys went to set up flag football my foot began to hurt so bad i knew i couldn't play football so i just chilled for a bit.finally I saw a man sitting in a wheel chair under the shade of a giant tree behind us..This man had no legs and was an elderly man.but that's not the reason I decided to get up and go walk over to him. to be honest im not sure why but it was better then "watching the drinks"at the table.
never really know how to break the ice or what to say.but I started with a Hi Sir mind if I come chill with you? Sure he said as his eyes were fixed on something over yonder,kneeling down next to his chair  I says well my name is Samuel,he said his name was Charles.well it a pleasure to meet ya Mr.Charles.He says like wise Sam. as i sat there i felt like what the flip am i doing this is kind of awkward what do i say next? the silence is thick so i began to ask questions like where ya from and how long ya been here.He said he's from Tennessee and he's been here for 30+ years,He likes it here.I asked a few more questions then He said with a loud stern, hard voice I DON'T DO Questions! you said can you chill,i said sure then you start asking question I don't do questions! 
ok ok sorry man imma ask u 1 more question then I'll go he got this look like "man if i had legs I'd kick you in your head"... so I says can a pray with you?
it looked like it threw him off and so he said why sure I would love me some prayer,you never can get to much of it.

So I prayed a simple but heart felt prayer just for overwhelming Joy and  more love in His heart.God's provision and some other things. after I said Amen, He said man all those things you just prayed God has already given them to me.I thought well never hurts to receive more for His goodness.( i might of said that out loud cant remember) but Mr.Charles goes on to say How you don't even know.God is and has been providing for me for 61 years weather i liked it or not and only God will keep continuing to provided for me.you come with your questions asking about me..

I don't wanna talk about me and besides you don't know me and i don't know you.and another thing "It is NOT about me or you its only about Him."I agree with him and he begins to talk more and more.next thing you know he is talking about the weather,the area,the people of back then and now a days,He talks of life and the Greatness of God.it was so good.I says well Mr. Charles God is good! ALL the time.even when we don't feel or look good He is still good  and good to us all the time.with that Mr. Charles went on talking some more. and withe further this conversation went the more you could actually see the Joy of the Lord fall on this man.His eyes lit up and his smile grew bigger and bigger,next came laughter.

I could actually see Jesus in and threw this man.sitting there getting excited for the things that His father is doing and has done.

Mr.Charles says you know there is only three things and God supplies all three to everyone all the time.
 first is shelter.you can make or find shelter anywhere. you see that tables there? Yes i said. he says well if its rain and u want some cover or if its hot and the sun is beating down on ya and ya need some shade.there is a table get under it! use the things God has left for you around you.I can make a place to sleep anywhere and have shelter to.under that over hang there in these tress and brush.I don't need a big ol fancy house to live in and pay people money for electric or water. God provides everything i need right where I am at.next is clothing..look around we all have it we are all wearing clothes."man in all my 61 years Never have I seen someone going streaking down these streets. never have i see one person butt naked begging for clothes on the side of the road." 
why? 
Because God provides!
next is Food as he taps a plastic bag hanging from his wheel chair God always provides me with food.and drinks, man if you where to say to me Mr.Charles can i get you a coke? or if I was to see you and Say Hey could you get me a coke.so lets say you go and come back.before you return i would have had many cokes by that time.why? because God provides.
Man I talk to God all day long He is the only one who knows me best.and I know Him.He provides things that you may not even believe me but He does and He will keep on doing.I dont need no one to help me and no one can help me like God can!

as Mr Charles talk and I listened the other church began to set up there tables behind us and more people with there kids came to help do what they were doing.but as I sat on my knees listening to this man speak it felt as if time lost all feeling of its self and there was no time.Mr.Charles went on to talk about the Ozone,the future,how we are killing this earth,the future earth for our kids or my generations kids when they get older,how many animals and plants are extinct and how maybe in the future kids of those day wont even get to know what a tree is.only see pictures in books or old family photos.

lightening bugs! he says strongly.ah fireflies Mr.Charles? Yes fireflies now tell me whens the last time you saw one of them? thinking back well shoot its been a while.he says exactly! where have they gone? no one knows,hopefully far far away from us.
He names some other things and talks more on it.that switches subjects and says its only gonna get hotter! each year get worse then the one that has passed.not only here but everywhere will keep getting hotter.he shares ideas of earthquakes and meteors."not in a crazy end of the world were all gonna die way" but just theories that he has.

Mr. Charles has so much passion and excitement when he spoke about the glories and wonders,and provision of the LORD God.it was incredible!
He stops and said a few time very briefly during different  times of his  sharing"man now im all worked up".
 but towards the end he say you know this is all because of you he had a serious look on his face if you didn't know him you would say he looked like he was about to bite my head off.he said I just wanted to sit hear and chill not talk or do anything but you just had to come with your question! then i said I don't do questions i meant it to.don't ever come to this park its only my second time but boy you as he pointed his finger at me got me all fired up about this....I didn't know what to expect he was gonna say next i thought maybe he really was mad that he got all fired up.who knows.but then Mr.Charles said man it has all been worth it.thank you for coming over and talking to me.and thank you i said for talking and sharing with me.he laughed and smiled and laughed some more then has if he had legs he stomped his feet and jumped for joy.he was so so happy and overfilled with joy.it was such a great time to be able to meet and hear this guy.

wrapping up its getting real close to lunch time and the lines are forming he says we better move before all these crazies run me and u over.but before i let you go I just want to say one more thing.he shared it then he says boy I tell you i have had a lot of fun talking with you! and i agreed and said well i' enjoyed talking with you.he laughed and said you talking? hell i did all the talking you just sat there and listened.God bless you my boy your a good man.as we moved out of the way and more into the back he said imma let you go you've been sitting here long enough i dont wanna take up any ore of your time I thank you for listening to me.No the pleasure was all mine as i sat back down.can i get you something to drink.we have water and soda he said well...nah let me get some water.walked over to the coolers to pull out a cold bottle of water and next thing you know i was sitting by him listening to him share more goodness.he says you know everything grows up! 
we had started to talk about plants and right when he said that I got a picture in my mind and a plant growing up towards the heavens not because the plant needed sunlight but because the Plant wanted to stretch its arms or branches towards the heaven and reach out for its maker show him the beauty the He created and give Him glory.
we hovered on plants topic for a bit then switched a few time untill we got to a place where i had the opportunity to share with him what Great things God has done for me.the story of the teeth journey and the word God gave me to stand on..it was Matt 6:25 do not worry of the things of this world.where u will sleep or what you will eat or what you will wear....Mr.Charles laughed and laughed and said see food clothes,shelter. God is Good! All the time!

In the very end Mr.Charles says you know what I could get water every where all the time.maybe i should of went with a soda...i \i head to the coolers and see what i can get him.what do u know it happened to be a coke.bring it back i says well it turns out that God has provided you with another coke
"He laughed and said yes! Yes he sure did."
 thank you for going to get it from over there. till we meet again and best believe we will met again. as he rode away.

Matthew 6-25-31
25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.




No comments:

Post a Comment